The Player of the Year is the person who wins the most platinum points in a year. Platinum points are awarded primarily in NABC+ events, with small amounts available in limited NABC events.
The top five leaders in the race are all members of the Blass team, the rest of whom have 602.73 points.
Pepsi’s competition in the race comes from the two men sitting in sixth and seventh: Vincent Demuy and Ralph Katz. Everyone in the top 11 is a member of one of three teams: Blass, Spector and Nickell. With all three teams in the Reisinger, the other members of the teams don’t have a way to catch their leading teammate. Demuy has 590.31 and Katz 580.31.
The members of the winning team in the Reisinger get 200 platinum points. Fourth place is worth 92.31, and third 112.50. So if Spector or Nickell wins the Reisinger, they would need Blass to finish no higher than fourth for Demuy or Katz to catch Pepsi.
Blass is the defending champion in the Reisinger.
The highest person on the leader list who is not a member of one of the three leading teams is Michael Becker, in 12th with 502.48. That’s likely too far back to be in contention.
- Jacek Pszczola, Chapel Hill NC 684.16
- Sebastiaan Drijver, Switzerland 602.73
- Michal Nowosadzki, Poland 602.73
- Sjoert Brink, Switzerland 602.73
- Jacek Kalita, Poland 602.73
- Vincent Demuy, Palm Beach Gardens FL 590.31
- Ralph Katz, Burr Ridge IL 580.03
- Nick Nickell, New York NY 577.91
- Joel Wooldridge, Jackson Heights NY 556.98
- John Hurd, New York NY 544.86
- Jeff Meckstroth, Clearwater Beach FL 542.08
- Michael Becker, Boca Raton FL 502.48