Founded in 1937, the ACBL is the largest bridge organization in the world, serving over 165,000 members. Every year, we sanction over 3.5 million tables of bridge, played in more than 3,000 bridge clubs and 1,100 sectional and regional tournaments, plus 1 million tables played online. A challenging and rewarding card game, bridge draws players of all ages and walks of life – from Bill Gates and Warren Buffett to astronaut Greg “Box” Johnson. Read more.
- Executive Director: Joe Jones
- Headquarters: Horn Lake, MS
- Employees: Headquarters staff: 56; Tournament Directors: 160
- Annual Budget: $16,000,000+
The mission of the ACBL is to promote, grow and sustain the game of bridge and serve the bridge-related interests of our Members.
The ACBL Certifies
The ACBL Sponsors
- Three North American Bridge Championships annually, each attracting up to 6,500 players
- The School Bridge Lesson Series Program for more than 4000 children annually
The ACBL Museum is not only the premier collection of bridge-related artifacts in the world, it’s also an interactive showcase of the history of the game. From Vanderbilt to Culbertson to Goren to the modern era, bridge comes alive with photos, videos, art, instructional material and more. Hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3:30 pm. Admission is free.