Founded in 1937, the ACBL is the largest bridge organization in the world, serving over 167,000 members. Every year, we sanction over 3.5 million tables of bridge, played in more than 3,000 bridge clubs and 1,100 sectional and regional tournaments, plus 1 million tables played online. A challenging and rewarding card game, bridge draws players of all ages and walks of life – from Bill Gates and Warren Buffett to astronaut Greg “Box” Johnson.
- Executive Director: Joe Jones
- Headquarters: Horn Lake MS
- Employees: Headquarters staff: 59; Tournament Directors: 170
- Annual Budget: $16,000,000+
The mission of the ACBL is to promote, grow and sustain the game of bridge and serve the bridge-related interests of our Members.
The ACBL Certifies:
- Bridge directors and teachers
- Player achievement through masterpoints
The ACBL Sponsors:
- Three North American Bridge Championships annually, each attracting up to 6,500 players
- The School Bridge Lesson Series Program for more than 4000 children annually