Win Free Trips to the 2020 Bridge Bowl in Montréal!
ACBL and the ACBL Educational Foundation will provide travel packages to six college teams and 11 college pairs.
Team Travel Packages
- 30 teams from 19 schools competed in the February 2nd tournament. The winning teams were the Harvard Crimson Aces; the University of Chicago UChicago; and Georgia Tech Gold.
- 28 teams from 15 schools competed in the February 23rd tournament. The winning teams were the University of Minnesota Gopher the Squeeze; Northwestern University N deals, e-W vulERNable; and Carnegie Mellon University CMU.
Pairs Travel Packages
Travel packages will be awarded to 11 college pairs. Each travel package will support a pair to travel to and compete in the Collegiate Bridge Bowl Pairs Championship in Montréal Canada (July 24-25):
- Airfare up to $500 per person
- Three nights of hotel room (double occupancy)
- Per-diem of $50 per person
Each college can win one pair travel package in our Spring Online Pair Tournament.
- Six pair travel packages will be awarded in a stratified online pair tournament Sunday, April 5, 2020.
- Pairs competing in the April 5th tournament must register by Thursday, April 2, 2020. Register here.
- Conditions of Contest
- All pairs will be required to sign up a “proctor” (may be team’s coach) who will audit play. The proctor form is available here.
- If one pair at a college is awarded a travel package, other pairs from the same college may participate in all collegiate events but cannot win a second pair travel package.
Pairs Participation Packages
On Monday, May 4, we will award five pair travel packages based on game activity.
Registered players will earn points by playing in the College Bridge Online (CBO) Daily Tournament during March 15-April 30 (“Just Declare” tournaments are not eligible for entries) and will earn one participation point per player, per day.
- Pairs will be ranked by highest total of participation points as of Thursday, April 30 (Midnight, Pacific Time).
- On Monday, May 4, the top five eligible pairs (whose college has not yet won a pairs travel package) will be awarded travel packages.
- In case of a tie in point count, the winners will be decided by a drawing.
- A maximum of one team and one pair travel package can be awarded to each college. Therefore, as soon as one team wins a package, other teams from same college are not eligible for a travel award. However, one pair from that college may win a pair travel package.
- All teams and pairs participating in the Spring Online Tournaments and “game activity” events must submit a signed Agreement of Fair and Sportsmanlike Participation for each player and return it to the ACBL Education before your event begins.
- Proctors must sign and submit a Proctor Agreement before a team or pair is considered registered.
- Package winners are expected to play each day they are at the tournament, so if a team is knocked out after the Swiss round in Day 1, they must play as pairs in the Day 2 pair events (in the event of a five-man team, at least four team members must play in the pairs games).
- Any team that does not win a travel package can still participate in the Collegiate Bridge Bowl Championship. There will be no entry fees for the Championship events. Registration opens Monday, May 4 and closes Monday, July 6. Walk-up participants must show proof of college enrollment.
- Any pair that does not win a travel package can still participate in the Collegiate Bridge Bowl Pairs Championship. There will be no entry fees for the Championship events. Registration opens Monday, May 4 and closes Monday, July 6. Walk-up participants must show proof of college enrollment.