Marketing Matters eNewsletter
In this issue: Boys & Girls Club Day for Kids, Membership Acquisition and Retention, Interview with Successful Recruiter Michelle Golden, Promoting Your Club on Foursquare, and more! Click here to read the Summer 2012 issue.
View previous issues.
If you would like to be notified of new issues of this eNewsletter, please go to MyACBL then "Manage My ePrivacy" and check the box "Marketing Matters eNewsletter".
Marketing Matters Live!
To download or view a copy of the slide presentation from the most recent workshop, click here.
To download or view a copy of the workshop slide presentation, click here.
Cooperative Advertising Program
You do the advertising. We’ll help pay! The Cooperative Advertising Program (CAP) reimburses ACBL teachers, clubs, units and districts for advertising expenses for programs and lessons designed for newcomers and member recruitment. CAP will refund 75% of advertising costs up to $1000 per project . We even supply ACBL logos and sample ad templates for a professional look.
Clip art is now available in three different formats to help you with your advertising projects. New images will be added soon. Click here to view or download.
Your Best Partner in Bridge
Click here to download a PDF copy of the new "Your Best Partner in Bridge" brochure.
TV Ads for Clubs and Teachers
ACBL has developed TV advertisements and are making them available to club managers and/or bridge teachers. The TV ads can be personalized with your club or class contact information at the end of the ad. Read more..
Radio Ads for Clubs and Teachers
ACBL has developed radio advertisements and are making them available to club managers and/or bridge teachers. The radio ads can be personalized to include a five second "tag" with your club or class contact information at the end of the radio ad. Read more..
Free Weekly Bridge Articles
Looking for a way to potentially get free advertising for your club or bridge class? The ACBL offers free weekly bridge articles, Bridge Bites, to any news publication willing to print them. We allow clubs and teachers the opportunity to insert their own contact information at the bottom of each article - so, if you are able to get your local newspaper to publish the articles, then readers will see your club or class contact information. The articles are even great for posting on your web site or using as material in educational workshops. The articles are written for the newcomer/intermediate audience. Click here to download these articles.
The Exciting World of Bridge: An Introduction to Duplicate
Senior Games and Trade Shows
Take your show on the road! The ACBL now supports many Senior Olympics Games, health fairs, senior expos and other shows throughout North America with promotional materials, sanctions and more. Contact Marketing for materials.
ACBL in the News
FedEx Office Discount
Take advantage of a special discount on print pricing at FedEx Office locations. You will now be able to receive a 35% discount on 8 1/2" x 11" B/W and Color Copy printing (on specific papers and sizes). Click here to print out the card with the discount number.
OfficeMax Discount Card
Receive 5 to 50% on all your printing services or office supply needs and 15% or more on your copying services. Just print the flyer and use the card at any OfficeMax. Instructions are on the flyer.
Marketing to the Youth Audience?
The ACBL Marketing Dept has developed a promotional DVD specifically targeting the youth audience. This DVD is free to anyone who is attempting to reach and engage the younger audience and who wants to introduce them to all of the fun and benefits that can be found by playing bridge. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to request copies.
Publicity Release Form for Minors
Click here to print out a Publicity Release Form for minors.
Tournament E-mail Notices
To take advantage of the ACBL Tournament E-mail Notice Program, please send your notices to Tournament Email Services. All notices must include a phone number and an e-mail address that can be used for replies. Replies to tournament notices will no longer be sent to the ACBL, but, will be sent to the tournament representative. See the full list of Guidelines below.
The ACBL is mindful of increasingly strong laws regarding internet privacy. Members currently are able to opt out of messages. We are working on an “opt in” program that will allow members to accept tournament e-mails and other messages.
All notice requests must be sent to the ACBL via email to Tournament Email Services. In order to ensure that your e-mail flyer notice is sent out in a timely fashion, please note the following deadlines for submitting e-mail notice requests to the ACBL:
- Notices for Sectional tournaments should be sent to the ACBL at least six (6) weeks prior to the tournament start date.
- Notices for Regional tournaments should be sent to the ACBL at least eight (8) weeks before the tournament start date.
- The ACBL cannot guarantee the timely delivery of any notices that are submitted less than the above deadlines.
- All notices MUST be sent to the ACBL in the body of an email or with a Word document attachment containing the information.
- All notices MUST include a phone number.
- All notices MUST include an e-mail address that can be used for replies.
- Only one (1) e-mail notice will be sent per tournament to the distribution criteria you select.
- You are responsible for including distribution criteria – units(s), districts(s) or zip codes – all of which are subject to approval.
- You are responsible for your notice content, so please be sure to proof read it – twice!
- Do not use photos or other graphics in your e-mail notices because these make the notices more difficult to download. All submissions that contain photos/graphics will be returned for correction purposes.
- E-mail notices may not contain any attachments.
- Click here for a Sample Tournament E-mail Notice.