You can qualify for a stipend if you are not getting paid more than $150 by the school or other agency for your time. For every class of at least eight students who receive 16 or more hours of bridge instruction and play, you qualify for a $350 stipend. If multiple classes are held, each class will need a separate form listing dates, times and students of that particular class. You may receive a maximum of five (5) stipends per semester. A semester consists of the spring/summer and fall/winter.
To qualify for the stipend, the following must be complete:
- ACBL membership dues must be current.
- Completed W9 on file with the ACBL, if teaching in the U.S
- Completed W-8BEN form if teaching in Canada
- Completed ACBL Teacher Stipend Request Form, signed by school administrator
- Results from end of class tournament
- Paperwork must be submitted within 30 days of class completion
All stipend documentation can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Alternatively, the documentation can be sent to:
6575 Windchase Blvd
Horn Lake MS 38637
Stipend requests should only be signed by the authorized school or facility administrator* and sent within 30 days of the completion of the class. Requests will not be processed prior to the end of class date. Upon receipt of all appropriate and complete documentation, a check will be sent to the home address of the teacher within a few weeks. Teachers must be ACBL members to receive the stipend.
*Teachers cannot sign stipend requests for other teachers in the program.