Beyond the games at the NABCs, members can enjoy educational programs. Below is a listing of the seminars being offered in Toronto. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Club and Cruise Directors Course
- Reception for Club Officials and Teachers
- The TAP — Teacher Accreditation Program
- Audrey Grant’s Continuing Education for Teachers and Club Managers
- Learn Bridge in a Day?
- Learn Bridge in a Day? Instructor Accreditation
- Zero Tolerance Workshop
- Club Director’s Refresher Course
Club and Cruise Directors Course
- Dates: July 18, 19, 20 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
- This comprehensive course prepares candidates for directing club and bridge cruise games. Anyone interested in becoming a club director or a director aboard a cruise ship is invited to participate. Study materials may be purchased through Baron Barclay Bridge Supply (www.baronbarclay.com).
- Time: Tuesday 1-10 p.m. (includes dinner break), Wednesday 9a.m.-10 p.m. (includes lunch and dinner break), Thursday 9 a.m.-noon followed by lunch break and testing
- Contact:Joyce Stone at 662-253-3138 or send an email to email@example.com
- Pre register here by July 13
Reception for Club Officials and Teachers
- Date: July 21 (Friday)
- Time: 4:30-6 p.m.
- Enjoy ACBL’s thank you reception for the club officials and teachers who recruit and retain our members. All club managers, teachers and club directors are encouraged to attend.
The TAP – Teacher Accreditation Program
- Dates: July 20,21,22 (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
- Time:Thursday 1-5 p.m., Friday and Saturday 8:30 a.m.-noon
- Fee:$125 (free for previously accredited ACBL teachers and player 25 and younger)
- Receive an introduction to the ACBL Bridge Series material and other popular teaching products. Learn modern teaching techniques from one of the ACBL’s premier teachers in this 10-hour interactive learning course which includes three hours of hands-on experience. Learn the business side of teaching bridge and be introduced to 64 weeks of class material and more! There are even techniques to move your students into playing duplicate faster.
- Contact: 662-253-3115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Audrey Grant’s Continuing Education for Teachers and Club Managers
- July 23 (Sunday)
- Fee: $20 (includes text book, seminar and free breakfast provided by Baron Barclay
- Time: 8:30-10 a.m. followed by free lesson
- When it comes to bridge, Audrey Grant is a household name. For decades, she has taught students, teachers and club owners across the world. Her hands-on approach and creative use of the table, cards and bid boxes has helped keep students engaged, excited and focused.
Audrey will walk through and explain teaching techniques in this hour-and-a-half seminar. Following the seminar, you can attend her free two-hour bridge lesson. You’ll observe Audrey’s techniques at work and see how she leaves each student hungering to learn more.
- For more information on Audrey Grant, visit www.betterbridge.com
Learn Bridge in A Day?
- July 23 (Sunday)
- Fee: $15 when you pre-register, $20 at the door. Textbooks and door prizes are included in the fee. Preregistration opens March 15.
- Time: 1-6 p.m.
- Move quickly along the initial learning curve. Participants should include true beginners, those returning to bridge after long absences and those wanting to “test the waters” before committing to formal classes. The concentrated course includes both class instruction and coached play. No pre-registration required.
- More information about the event: Email Marketing@acbl.org or call 662-253-6112.
Questions about course content: Email or call Patty Tucker email@example.com (404) 735-4779
Learn Bridge in A Day? Teacher Accreditation
- July 23 (Sunday)
- Fee: $75 For any teacher wishing to purchase an LBIAD License within 30 days of Accreditation, $50 of the $75 fee will be applied to the first-year License fee.
- Time: Seminar 1-6 p.m., Instructor accreditation 6:30-8:30 p.m. A light meal will be provided 6-6:30 p.m.
- This program instructs teachers in methods of administering and presenting LBIAD.
Teachers wishing to be accredited must complete the following two requirements:Serve as a Table Mentor at an LBIAD seminar led by Patty Tucker, and
Attend a two-hour LBIAD Teacher Training event presented by Whirlwind Bridge.Teacher Training will include information on organizing and marketing LBIAD as well as maximizing retention rates, writing effective grant requests and the presentation of the seminar.
- To register or if you have questions: Email or call Patty Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org
Zero Tolerance Workshop
- July 24 (Monday)
- Time: 10 a.m.-noon
- A workshop focused on handling zero tolerance and behavioral issues in club games.
Club Director Refresher Course
- July 25, 26 (Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Time: 9 a.m.-noon (both days)
- Fee: $15 covers both sessions
- Sign up at door
- This continuing education course for club directors covers updates to Chapters 4 and 5 of the ACBL handbook. Participants must attend both sessions (Tuesday and Wednesday).