To view the I/N flier for Providence, click here.
The ACBL North American Bridge Championships (NABC) has many exciting things to offer newer players and first-time attendees:
- Two celebrity speakers daily
- Welcome reception
- Free Daily Bulletin featuring:
- Photos and results of events
- Interesting bridge hands, puzzles and appeals cases
- Daily schedule of events
- Free two-hour lessons from world class teachers
- Free Bridge+ games for players with 0-20 masterpoints — perfect for those who want to try their first duplicate game
In addition, the local District may run various events, such as:
- Intermediate-Newcomer (IN) reception
- Nightly hospitality snacks and beverages
- Nightly entertainment
- Local tours and excursions
All with the opportunity to play up to four sessions of bridge each day!
Free Bridge Lesson (Saturday, November 29)
Jerry Helms – 10 a.m. – noon
Free Bridge Lesson (Sunday, November 30)
Audrey Grant – 10 a.m. – noon
Free Bridge Lesson (Monday, December 1)
Barbara Seagram – 10 a.m. – noon
(Friday, November 28 through Saturday, December 6)
What is that new convention everyone is talking about? When do I finesse for the Jack? How can I take more tricks at No Trump? What are my options when there is a lead out of turn? Ask the experts!
The ACBL celebrity speaker program offers two unique lectures each day from the top teachers, players and directors in the field. Noted speakers include:
- Jerry Helms
- Audrey Grant
- Mike Flader
- Barbara Seagram
- And more!
Each speaker presents a topic and provides handouts allowing you to practice the lesson.
With time permitting, they will open discussion for questions, thoughts or stories. From world famous deals to the most creative plays, get all the inside information directly from the source.
- Where: Check Daily Bulletin for celebrity speaker location
- When: 9:15 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. daily (no speakers on final Sunday)
- Who: Speakers and subjects will be posted closer to tournament date
Move quickly along the initial learning curve. Participants should include true beginners, those returning to bridge after long absences and those wanting to “test the waters” before committing to formal classes. The concentrated course includes both class instruction and coached play. For more information contact Patty Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-735-4779.
Fee: $15 when you pre-register here. $20 at the door. Textbooks and door prizes are included in fee.
Date: Sunday, November 30
Time: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.