TAP is being expanded in 2018 to include the following:
- Basic Bridge Knowledge Test (70% score required for participation in Workshops)
- Best Practices (BP) Workshop (3 half-days) required for new accreditation and for authorization as Workshop Facilitators and Proficiency Coaches
- Proficiency Demonstrations to earn Best Practices Certificates (participation in the Workshop required).
- TAP “Store” of bridge content (to be implemented later this year)
- Facilitator Preparation Sessions for authorizing facilitators to deliver the Best Practices Teacher Workshop to other teachers
- Proficiency Coach Sessions for authorizing “Coaches” to conduct the Proficiency Demonstrations and grant Best Practice Certificates to teachers
Best Practices (BP) Teacher Workshop
This contemporary workshops is the centerpiece of the new Teacher Accreditation Program (TAP). It implements the Best Practices recommended and validated by over 400 teachers in the recent survey, training teachers how, rather than what, to teach.
The Workshop is built around simulations to engage participants in analyzing and practicing as well as giving and receiving feedback while delivering bridge lessons. Participants may opt to demonstrate their Best Practice proficiency to earn certification as an ACBL Best Practices Teacher.
The Workshop is three half-days.
TAP Fee: $125. Free for juniors over 14 years old and ACBL accredited teachers through 2018 (contact ACBL Education at 662-253-3112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Must sign up in advance for each event.
2018 TAP Calendar
|Gatlinburg Regional||BP Teacher Workshop
(Proficiency demos will be scheduled in afternoons as needed)
|4/17-4/19||Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
|Gatlinburg Regional||BP Facilitator Session
(BP Teacher Workshop is a pre-requisite)
|Atlanta NABC||BP Teacher Workshop||7/27-7/29||Friday 1-5pm, Saturday and Sunday
|Atlanta NABC||BP Facilitator Session (BP Teacher Workshop is a pre-requisite)||TBD||TBDemail@example.com|
Any additional questions, please call 662-253-3161