Changes to ACBL Tournaments in 2014
Update to the Smoking Policy at NABCs
Smoking is not permitted in the playing area during any bridge playing event at an NABC. This includes electronic smoking devices.
The ACBL General Convention Chart has been amended to allow:
- Opening bid of 2 ♥ or 2 ♠ showing a weak two bid, with a four-card minor.
The ACBL Mid-Chart has been amended to allow:
- A weak 2♦ or 2♥ opening bid showing at least 5-4 in the majors, if the five-card suit is known.
- A weak 2♥ bid showing 5-5 (or more) in hearts and any other suit.
- A weak 2♠ bid showing 5-5 (or more) in spades and a minor.
- A weak 2♦ or 2♥ opening bid showing at least 5-4 in the majors, if the five-card suit is unknown in events where each round or segment is at least six-boards long.
The ACBL Superchart is amended to allow:
- Opening one bids which by partnership agreement could show fewer than 8 HCP in third and fourth seats.
The following changes have been made to the ACBL Alert Chart:
- A weak jump shift by advancer is not alertable. “Advancer” is defined as the partner of an overcaller.
- All 2♦ responses to a strong 2♣ opening are non-alertable.
The Flights for the GNT competition are revised as follows:
- Flight C: Non-LM up to 500 MP
- Flight B: 0-2500 MP
- Flight A: 0-6000 MP
- Championship Flight: 0-unlimited
The eligibility age to play in ACBL Senior events has been raised to 60 years. Those individuals who were 55 years of age prior to January 1, 2014 will continue to be eligible for Senior events.