Instructions for Tournament Email Notices
To take advantage of the ACBL Tournament Email Notice Program, please send your notices to Email Services. Emails will not be sent to members without a request. All notices must include a phone number and an email address that can be used for replies. When a member replies to the email notice, the message will be sent to this chosen address. This email address will need to be verified by our mass email system before the email notice is sent. This process grants permission to use the chosen email address as the “reply to” email address. Replies to tournament notices will no longer be sent to the ACBL, but, will be sent to the tournament representative. This program is for notification of upcoming Regional and Sectional tournaments only. See the full list of Guidelines below.
The ACBL is mindful of increasingly strong laws regarding internet privacy. Members are automatically subscribed to communications from the ACBL. Members are able to opt out of receiving messages through their privacy settings.
All notice requests must be sent to the ACBL via email to Email Services. In order to ensure that your email flier notice is sent out in a timely fashion, please note the following deadlines for submitting email notice requests to the ACBL:
- Notices for Sectional tournaments should be sent to the ACBL at least six (6) weeks prior to the tournament start date.
- Notices for Regional tournaments should be sent to the ACBL at least eight (8) weeks before the tournament start date.
- The ACBL cannot guarantee the timely delivery of any notices that are submitted later than the above deadlines.
- All notices MUST be sent to the ACBL in the body of an email or with a Word document attachment containing the information.
- All notices MUST include a phone number.
- All notices MUST include an email address that can be used for replies.
- A tournament flier must be posted on the ACBL website prior to approval of the notice. (This is the flier the notice will link to.)
- Only one (1) email notice will be sent per tournament.
- Sectional tournaments will be sent to members in a 200-mile radius.
- Regional tournaments will be sent to members in a 500-mile radius.
- You are responsible for your notice content, so please be sure to proof read it – twice!
- Do not use photos or other graphics in your email notices. All submissions that contain photos/graphics will be returned for correction purposes.
- Email notices may not contain any attachments.
- Click here for a Sample Tournament Email Notice.