Win free trips to the 2018 Bridge Bowl in Atlanta!
ACBL and the ACBL Educational Foundation will provide travel packages to ten college teams. A team can have four to six members (four to six players, or four to five players and a non-playing coach if the team has one). Each travel package will support a team to travel to and compete in the Collegiate Bridge Bowl in Atlanta (August 2-4):
- Airfare up to $500 per person
- Four nights of hotel room (double occupancy)
- Per-diem of $50 per person
Each college has the opportunity to win one travel package.
There are two ways your team can win a trip:
- Place in one of our Spring Online Team Tournaments.
- Four team packages will be awarded each Spring tournament. Two Spring two-session tournaments will be held, on Sunday, March 4 and Sunday, April 8, 2018. First session for each tournament will be 11 a.m. and the second session will begin at 3:30 p.m. (Central Time)
- Teams competing in the March 4 Spring tournament must register their team by February 28, 2018.
- Teams competing in the April 8 Spring tournament must register by April 4, 2018.
- All teams will be required to sign up a “proctor” (may be team’s coach) who will audit play. Click here to complete the proctor form
- Format will be a two-session online event, awarding Masterpoints to the top teams. For more details check the event’s Conditions of Contest
- If one team at a college is awarded a travel package, other teams from the same college are allowed to participate in all collegiate events but cannot win a second travel package.
- Game activity.
- On May 4, we will award two travel packages to two colleges registered with the College Bridge Online (CBO) Club
- Colleges wanting to be included must submit a roster for each team of four to six players. Only students registered as part of a team will be counted in the participation events.
- Teams must have at least four players able to attend the Collegiate Bridge Bowl in Atlanta.
- Teams will accumulate points by having players participate in CBO daily tournaments and friendly matches, between March 1 and April 30:
- CBO Daily Tournament (“Just Declare” tournaments are not eligible for entries): 1 point per player per day
- Friendly inter-college team matches: 12 points per team, per match
- Friendly matches must be played in BBO, with 18 boards per match
- Friendly matches can only be against teams from other colleges
- Two teams can only play each other twice
- Teams will be ranked by highest average point count (total points divided by number of players on team) as of April 30 (Midnight, Pacific Time)
- On May 4, the top two eligible teams (whose college has not yet won a travel package) will be awarded travel packages, sponsored by the ACBL Educational Foundation.
- In case of a tie in average point count, the following tie breakers apply:
- Number of friendly matches played by team
- Number of colleges played against in friendly matches
- Number of Spring Online Team Tournaments played
- Coin flip.
- Maximum of one travel package awarded to each college. Therefore, as soon as one team wins a package, other teams from same college are not eligible for a travel award.
- All teams participating in the Spring Online Tournaments and “game activity” events must submit a signed Agreement of Fair and Sportsmanlike Participation for each player and return it to the ACBL Education Department by February 28, 2018. If your team is only playing in the April Spring Online Tournament, the deadline is April 4, 2018
- Proctors must sign and submit a Proctor Agreement before a team is considered registered.
- Any team who does not win a travel package can still participate in the College Bowl Championship. There will be no entry fees for the Championship events. Deadline to registration opens May 4 and closes July 1. acbl.org/bridgebowl
The ACBL Educational Foundation has launched an initiative to increase participation in college bridge. They are looking for coaches and offering perks such as stipends, free materials and enrollment bonuses.
For more information click here.
Join our new online college bridge club and play against your peers. Click here to join.
Sign up here for College Bridge News
- Online College Club
- Bridge Bowl and more