Who am I?

As the year winds down and I reflect on my adventures all over North America, it occurs to me that many people don’t know who I am.

To be honest, I’m surprised that no one asked me point blank – and I met a lot of wonderful people. Perhaps they thought it was impolite – or they thought they should know and were reluctant to admit they didn’t.

Well, I have to confess that we did start out with the idea that it might generate some mystique – or not – if we didn’t tell.

If you read my first essay about my former life as a bridge player, you might have picked up on a hint or two. Perhaps not. There’s also the factor that I look pretty much like I did before I took my extended break from bridge.

In any event, if you think you know who I am, send a note to the editor of the Bridge Bulletin (editor@acbl.org). He will give you a month to respond, followed by a drawing among those who answer correctly.

The winner will receive a visit from Little Old Me! For those who are wondering what that entails, I pay my own way – and I don’t eat a lot (but I am partial to root beer floats).

Best wishes for the holidays. See you in 2010!

6 Responses to “Who am I?”

1. Chris Willenken says:

Bob Levey, former WaPo columnist?

2. Merle Stetser says:

Is it Bob Locke? (See the December issue of The Bridge Teacher, p. 8).

3. Bob Levey says:

Thanks for the guess, Chris. Alas, it ain’t me, babe, no, no, no, it ain’t me, babe.
    It might have been if anyone at ACBL had offered me the gig, but no one did.
    By the way, 297 ACBL members have asked me point-blank if I’m Bob L. Many haven’t believed me when I said I wasn’t.

4. bill wennerberg says:

are you bob lazenby former doorman and fry cook at the statler hotel in boston and brother to the near famous george lazenby who played the forgettable role of james bond in “on her majesty’s secret service?” and if not would you like to be?

5. Ellen Finney says:

Bob, Please visit us in Jacksonville, Fla. We will show you a great time and you might even win. Come on down! Our club is growing and we have a lot going on.

6. claire tornay says: