An ACBL conference is a voluntary association of neighboring units and/or districts organized to advance the purposes of ACBL and its member units. Since a conference is a voluntary association, its control over its own member units extends only to the authority relinquished to it by its member units and/or districts. A conference may be organized to:
- Schedule and supervise regional tournaments in the designated area, when authorized by the district to which the regional was allocated.
- Publish and distribute a newsletter that contains news, tournament schedules, and other matters of interest.
- Meet and work together with units, districts, and other conferences on matters of mutual interest.
- Reduce inter-unit and inter-district confrontations.
- Promote attendance at all tournaments in the conference area.