A unit is encouraged to carry out the following:
- Conduct sectional tournaments and regional and/or NABC tournaments when authorized by the district.
- Perform basic marketing functions as established by the ACBL Board of Directors.
- Encourage people to conduct ACBL-sanctioned club games within the unit.
- Promote the development and enrollment of bridge players as members of ACBL.
- Promote interest in duplicate bridge by providing a continuous and attractive program of bridge events to supplement those offered by clubs with sanctioned games.
- Cooperate with the district and ACBL in the promotion of district-wide and ACBL-wide tournaments.
- Establish and maintain amicable relations with neighboring units, the district and conferences, thus fostering cooperation on matters of mutual interest.
- Select people to fill the positions of Education Liaison, Tournament Coordinator and Intermediate/Newcomer Coordinator.
- Conduct other activities in keeping with its purposes.